Camping just isn’t the same without a campfire. The best part comes when you’re sitting around the fire telling stories, talking and maybe even roasting marshmallows. How would you like to bring that same part of camping to your backyard patio or deck? You can with the Endless Summer GAD1401M LP Gas Outdoor Fireplace.
We’ll show you exactly what features and benefits of this outdoor fireplace can bring the campfire experience to your backyard. We will also take a closer look at its specification as well as its pros and cons, and we’ll even take a look at what some people are saying about this particular model. Besides looking at all of these aspects, we’ll throw in a few tips on how to choose a fireplace for your backyard.
About ENDLESS SUMMER GAD1401M LP GAS OUTDOOR FIREPLACE
You will get all the best features of a campfire for your backyard patio or deck from the Endless Summer GAD1401M LP Gas Outdoor Fireplace. The tightly woven steel mesh design of the base sturdy and powder coated to be rust proof and it is topped with a real slate mantel around its lava rock pit. You won’t have trouble providing enough room for plenty of chairs to sit near the fire with its 30” inches square top and you’ll enjoy the ambiance it produces. The stainless steel propane-fueled burner provides enough heat through the lava rock to allow you to stay outdoors on those cooler nights instead of retreating into the house.
The design and functionality of the GAD14011M fireplace is durable and features a steel bordered handcrafted tile top and includes lava rocks to help spread out its flames. You get the elegance and romance without having to deal with cutting wood, retreating from smoke and cleaning up the mess of a campfire. The propane tank is hidden inside the base of the unit and is accessed through a hinged door. You can light it using the automatic ignition, adjust the flame up to 30,000 BTU of output, sit back and enjoy the atmosphere.
If you want to continue to enjoy the atmosphere of camping in your own backyard, then the easy, durable and clean features of this outdoor fireplace are a great option for you.
What Users Say about the Endless Summer GAD1401M LP Gas Outdoor Fireplace
When it comes to creating a focal piece for a patio, users are well pleased with this unit’s clean attractive presentation. They like that you can enjoy more talk-time with family and friends in the backyard instead of going back inside early. Having everything hidden in the base is one of the features that stands out among the positive comments of users. Most users felt that it produces just the right amount of heat and ambiance and loved that they didn’t have to deal with smoke, popping embers or cleaning up ashes. Adding a romantic atmosphere to the backyard was another plus users pointed out.
Putting the fireplace together was something of a challenge for several users. Those who expected this unit to put out the kind of heat that you get from a roaring campfire faced a disappointment. This relates to the heat put out by this unit. Several users would have liked the fire to spread out more evenly over the surface of the lava rocks and not be focused in a small place in the center. Many users commented concerning issues with the auto-igniter, but that doesn’t seem to be a major deal-breaker when it comes to their overall enjoyment.
How to Choose an Outdoor Fireplace to Fit Your Backyard
For most, an outdoor fireplace is a focal point. Around it, they can gather with family and friends to enjoy their backyard. Selecting the one which best fits your décor takes some forethought. Here are some tips on how to choose an outdoor fireplace to fit your backyard:
- Style. There are a lot of styles to choose from. Beginning with fire bowls, fire pits, and the more elegant and complete fireplace, you only need to decide.
- Wood Burning. You need to be certain that you can burn wood in your area. Some homeowners associations, municipalities, and county governments have rules against wood-burning pits and outdoor fireplaces.
- Gas Burning. Propane and natural gas are the most common types of fuels people use in the outdoor fireplace or fire pits. You can use them under a covered patio or on an open porch where a wood burning type cannot.
- Construction. Powder coated steel is a good choice given its durability and rust-proofing. Copper, aluminum and cast iron are other typical choices. They are durable, but tarnish or, in the case of cast iron, are extremely heavy.
- Permanent vs. Portable. Building in a permanent outdoor fireplace works well if it is the centerpiece of your backyard décor. Otherwise, it is better to go with something portable that you can move around. This is useful if your patio arrangement or deck changes.
- Location. Be sure to locate your fireplace or fire pit well away from flammable materials. Keep in mind especially the side of your house or your deck rail.
These few tips are things that should be on your checklist as you consider which outdoor fireplace suits your backyard. Be sure that, whichever option you choose, you read the manufacturer’s instructions. Always use your outdoor fireplace according to the safety instructions included.
You don’t have to leave the atmosphere and romance of a campfire out in the woods. You can bring it into your own backyard and allow summer to linger on and on. Your Endless Summer GAD1401M LP Gas Outdoor Fireplace is great for you, your family and your friends. It gives you more talk-time and personal interaction, which is much too rare nowadays. Having made a thorough examination of this outdoor fireplace, you should have plenty of information now. This will help you make a qualified purchasing decision when it comes to selecting the right one for you.